Alex and I didn’t have time to get to a new Parma bar this week. Lucky for you (me, and all of humankind), Margaret and I were in the area last week, starving, and decided to hit up the Post and Beam. Or Bean and Post. Or, as I call it, the Bean Pole.
Brief thoughts, because I didn’t take notes at the Bean Post like I did at Grillers:
1. Cheap. I had a grilled cheese and a cranberry vodka for $6 plus tax and tip.
2. Great jukebox, 18 pays for $5 (!)
3. The food takes a looooooong time (almost an hour). I ordered a grilled cheese and Margaret got a burger. By the time our food came, my grilled cheese was cold but the cheese wasn’t even melted. Margaret’s burger was just OK. The menu does say something about the food taking a while, but they didn’t even finish cooking my sandwich…
4.Oddly conventionally attractive lady bartender, unexpected
5. It was cozy. Lots of wood. The kind of place where you probably know everyone in the bar…
6. Which apparently wasn’t great for Margaret and I. We got the stink eye from many-a-patron at the Bean Post (Post and Beam). In particular, one man stared at us so harshly, I was tempted to ask him what he was looking at but then I remembered CCW in bars now so I didn’t.
I did find this photo of the bar online. Apparently they turn into a tiki bar during the summer. These drinks, and summer, are quite appealing:
So to wrap up:
Grillers: 5 stars.
Bean Pole: 3.5 stars.Post & Beam 11790 Snow Road Parma or maybe Cleveland, Ohio